Enjoy a unique golf experience under the Finnish midnight sun. Vierumäki Resort is Finland’s most versatile fitness and leisure venue, and its facilities include three golf courses. Midnight Golf events are run between 10 June and 15 July starting at 2:00 am.
Vierumäki has two full golf courses, Classic and Cooke. There is also the par-3 Coach course, which has been designed especially for short-game practice and for use by younger players. In the winter months, players can hone their game at the resort’s winter training centre, at Vierumäki Centre.
Provisional programme for Midnight Golf
2:OOam Welcome and competition info, Golf Pavilion / Cooke
- special contests (e.g. closest to the flag and longest drive)
- pre-filled score cards, rules of the competition, and Vierumäki Resort local rules
- preparation for the competition, driving-range and short-game areas
- Refreshments: coffee/tea and cake, plus a packed meal for the night.
2:45am Departure for the first hole (holes 1, 2, and 10—18)
- The players will be guided to their starting points in golf buggies; players will use the same buggies to return to the Golf Pavilion after finishing their round. The caddie master will guide the players on the course (space car).
- The golf buggies will be marked with the names of the players and their starting point.
3:OOam Start of the Midnight Golf competition
8:00am The last players’ arrival back at the Golf Pavilion
- submission of score cards and taking golf bags back to cars
- Day Spa (Scandic) — sauna and relaxation, with refreshments available
9:30am Breakfast and prize ceremony, Ballroom (Scandic)