FIEP Congress 2020: Cancelled
FIEP World & European Congress 2020 cancelled
The past Spring has shown the world that change is the only certainty around us.
The global pandemic going on at the moment affects everyone worldwide and it has put us all in a very difficult position. To us at Vierumäki, safety comes first, and that is a matter that must be taken seriously. Due to this reason, we regrettably inform You that we have decided to cancel both international events planned for this August; PE Seminar 2020 and FIEP World and European Congress 2020.
Currently we are looking into the possibility of offering a digital version of the congress, as a one-day-only webinar. We will announce more information as soon as we have made the final verdict on this matter. The news about the possible webinar will be posted on our website as well as our social media channels.
Thank You for understanding and we do hope to see You one day in Vierumäki. Until then, we hope that you stay safe andwe encourage You to stay home.
32nd FIEP World Congress & 15th European Congress
4.-7.8.2020 – Vierumäki, Finland
We are thrilled to announce the 32nd FIEP World Congress and 15th European Congress will take place in Finland on August 4–7, 2020.
Physical Education scientists, teachers, and other specialists gather, for the third time in Vierumäki, located about one hour away from Helsinki-Vantaa airport, surrounded by beautiful unspoiled nature.
The main theme
“Physical education as a basis for an active life for all. Building competence, self-esteem, understanding, and motivation for active citizens.”
- Using technology in Physical Education
- How physical activity is related to the main themes of physical literacy: motivation, confidence, knowledge & understanding and engagement
- Functional Capacity
- Dr. Branislav Antala, President, FIEP Europe & Professor at Comenius University, Faculty of Physical education and Sports in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Dr. Uri Schaefer, President, International Council of Sport Sciences and Physical Education (ICSSPE), Israel
- Dr. Sami Kalaja, Professor of Practice, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- r. Uwe Pühse, professor of Sport Science at the University of Basel in Switzerland and head of the Department of Sport, Exercise, and Health
- Dr. Claude Scheuer, Research Scientist, University of Luxembourg
- Keynote presentations
- Invited presentations
- Podium presentations
- Poster presentations
- Practical Sessions
Congress participation – Early bird price until 31.3.2020 315 €
Regular price – from 1.4.2020 350 €
Congress participation – Student price 280 €
Please, notice that the FIEP Congress participation includes lunch, dinner and coffee breaks. Fees do not include accommodation and breakfast, which have to be booked separately. More information here.
Please, fill in the registration form here.
Please, fill in the abtstract submission form here.
The programme will be uploaded here by the end of Spring 2020. Saty tuned for more information.